"I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst

of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
Adlai E. Stevenson, American statesman (1900-1965).

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nice thoughts....Just wanted to share

I pulled this off Addie Jenne Russell's blog page. I did not know that Ms. Russell had left a message for me 'til Jim aka pguston emailed me--and I didn't even get the email until after the election.

It is refreshing that a candidate would personally reach out to one individual.
I am touched and appreciative.

Addie08.com said...

This is a special message to Small Town America. I'm sorry that I have not had the chance to meet you yet. I assure you I've been to Waddington several times and have spent a lot of time in St. Lawrence County. Perhaps you and I can have a chat this weekend. I'll be in Waddington on Saturday at the Civic Center at around 1:30pm. If you can't make it, please give my campaign office a call at 777-4900 so that we can arrange for a telephone call. I respect your opinion and enjoy your blog, and would love the opportunity to meet you. Thanks. -Addie

SmallTownAmerica said...

Addie,

I apologize for not addressing this sooner--it was just brought to my attention that you posted this for me.

First things first, congrats on your win!

Unfortunately, I was not one of the people you met in Waddington. Family obligations kept me away from your meet & greet.

I did keep tabs on what was going on with your campaign, as well as your opponent, as you no doubt read in my blog.

Some ideas that Mr. Cantwell discussed in the final days disturbed me. That swayed my vote. I do not like the classic Republican ideal of trickle-down economics, and I was disappointed to hear him discussing it.

I believe we need to start at the bottom. At this juncture, if for no other reason, it would be a morale booster. The lower and middle-classes have been dealt the worst blows in this economic melt-down. Consumer confidence is everything when trying to boost the economy. If we feel we have more, and are confident that we will continue to receive more, the more we will spend, and the better off everyone will be.

That is one of the main reasons, in my opinion, that Bush's recent economic stimulus package had no impact. People either saved it, or spent it on bills or paid off their credit cards. They didn't travel, they didn't buy a washer, they certainly didn't buy a car with it. They did nothing with it that would impact any industry other than banks and utilities. It was a little teeny drop in the vast ocean of economic misery we are all drowning in.

I have to sign off now, but I hope at some point in the future, we can continue this discussion. That is, after all, what we all gave you our votes for--to listen to us--and to be our voice.

Please don't forget that during your tenure in Albany.

Addie08.com said...

Thank you STA, and I will indeed keep these thoughts in mind as we take on the task of revitalizing our economy. I look forward to meeting you someday.

Best wishes,
Addie

4 comments:

  1. Hey there...thanks for pointing out my mistake. ;) Yes, shortening and crisco are the same thing and who knows what I was thinking to put it in there twice! lol. I have fixed it right up. Sure hope nobody made it before I fixed it! yuck! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! if they did, i sure hope they aren't weight conscious!

    glad I said something. you know, i am not julia child--that's why i asked...thought maybe i had something to learn. at least now i am confident with my shortening choices! lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep us updated on Addie's activities in Albany. I would like to know how she votes on particular issues and with whom she aligns herself.

    ReplyDelete



Those who cannot learn from history are condemned to repeat it

~George Santayana

They must have read my mind...

hat tip to abaycircus for finding this gem: