"I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst

of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
Adlai E. Stevenson, American statesman (1900-1965).

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just a quick thought...

...before I settle in for the night.


I heard McCain proclaim (with a smirk) that Obama's 30min mini-movie was financed with broken promises.

I don't agree with that assessment.

I say it was financed by me. And my neighbor. And the person who lives down the street.


And the countless other Lil Ole Me's across this great country who saw something special and hopeful in Barack Obama.


I might own just a millisecond of last night's production, but damn it, I own it--Me and the other roughly 333,333 1/3 Americans who donated $15.00 to Barack Obama. My $15 bought me 15 minutes of fame that even Joe the Plumber would drool over--because in that mini-movie, I saw myself. I saw my parents and my neighbor, and the person who lives down the street. It was our story that was told. And no one can take that away from us.


So, McCain can stump, stump, stump away on how lavish and over-produced it was--he shows us the plain truth. Fresh off the Straight Talk Express, he shows he is a jealous, bitter man who can't stand the fact that the rest of us didn't love him enough to send him $15 of our hard-earned paycheck. It was the Lil Ole Me's of the country that were on display last night. Eat your heart out, McCain.



3 comments:

  1. It's sad, really.

    I used to like McCain. I liked him two years ago when he started running, then he sold his soul to the RNC. When he softened on torture he lost every thinking Vet, and it was all down hill from there. Did ambition change him, or did it just bring him out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was McCain referring to Obama's flip-flop on the use of public campaign funds?

    ReplyDelete



Those who cannot learn from history are condemned to repeat it

~George Santayana

They must have read my mind...

hat tip to abaycircus for finding this gem: