"I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst

of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
Adlai E. Stevenson, American statesman (1900-1965).

Friday, October 3, 2008

Past is prologue....

For me, one of the scariest moments from last night's Vice Presidential debate was when Gov. Palin called out Sen. Biden for concentrating so much on the past. 'You're looking at the past, Joe. If you want change to you need to look forward,' or some other gibberish like that.

One of my favorite quotes of all time is by philosopher George Santanaya:
Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

As Biden said, "past is prologue." If we do not take the time to carefully study our mistakes, we shall repeat them. If we do not commit ourselves to learning why the mistakes were made and what they resulted in, we shall repeat them.

She is an idiot for suggesting otherwise.

Last night just solidified my initial belief that she is a whack-job fake who knows no more about the running of this country than those "Joe Sixpacks" she so often refers to.

1 comment:

  1. I was only able to see an hour of this debate but finished recording it so hopefully can finish it today - is it just me or is she a little too "folksy" in her speech? I feel if you are going to speak to the country, you should be better learned in your manner of speech. I really liked Biden from what I've seen in this debate.

    ReplyDelete



Those who cannot learn from history are condemned to repeat it

~George Santayana

They must have read my mind...

hat tip to abaycircus for finding this gem: