"I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst

of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
Adlai E. Stevenson, American statesman (1900-1965).

Friday, October 17, 2008

Red Scare 2008


I had the unfortunate opportunity to watch this exchange between Chris Matthews and Representative Michelle Bachman of Minnesota as it was happening. And I could not have been more shocked--or insulted. I cannot possibly believe that this woman would be received well when she wanders back into Congress. She has burned some major bridges here.

Watch this--its takes a while, but its worth it...I tried to find the shortest, but most meaningful video.

This is about as scary as it comes, folks. This woman pretty much verbalized that Left-wingers/Democrats are anti-American. She believes the media should launch "a penetrating expose' " into just how many of her fellow Congressmen and women are anti-American.

Just who the hell does this freak think she is anyway? I'm gonna do an investigation of my own into her Family Tree. Can you guess what I will find? I'm sure there's some McCarthy blood in there somewhere!

3 comments:

  1. This is really, really scary, smalltown. I lived though the McCarthy days and it has been since then that I have seen a politician talk like that.

    There is a chance that our next vice president will bring this kind of fear of its own people to Americans.
    We are one step away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree.

    Remember the line from Hamlet?

    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

    I don't care how they try to spin this Bachmann mess, or how vehemently Palin or her camp tries to off-play her remarks. They incite hatred, racism, division, and paranoia.

    I am ashamed at the way this election season is panning out. Yet again, the Republicans make us the laughingstock of the world.

    Does that make me anti-American?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, only Republicans are real Americans, turns out.

    I am from a very small town, but as fate would have it, needed a job in the city. Now I'm no longer a real American. That must be the price to pay in order to become a wiser human being.

    ReplyDelete



Those who cannot learn from history are condemned to repeat it

~George Santayana

They must have read my mind...

hat tip to abaycircus for finding this gem: