"I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst

of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
Adlai E. Stevenson, American statesman (1900-1965).

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Been a busy week...

Well, with school starting, it has been busy around here...

I have been thinking a lot about the direction and tone I would like this blog to have.

I really want this to be an open arena for Small Town America to thoughtfully discuss the present State of Our Union and the upcoming Presidential election.

That said, please feel free to "talk amongst yourselves" via the comment section. (a shout out to SNL, a Scooby snack to the first person who can name the SNL character that said this.)

I would expect everyone to be respectful of others and their beliefs--or non-beliefs, as the case may be.

Thanks!
STA

2 comments:

  1. Linda Richman.

    May I have my Scooby Snack now?

    Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the Scooby Snack goes to....

    Rose!

    Congrats, your answer was smooth as butta.
    Linda Richman was the correct answer to what character said "talk amongst yourselves."
    Coffee Talk with Linda Richman (played by Mike Myers) ran on SNL in the 90s and hosted such celebs as Madonna and Barbra Streisand.


    Here's your Scooby Snack.

    =) STA

    ReplyDelete



Those who cannot learn from history are condemned to repeat it

~George Santayana

They must have read my mind...

hat tip to abaycircus for finding this gem: