"I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst

of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
Adlai E. Stevenson, American statesman (1900-1965).

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

De Ja DooDoo

Is it just me, or is Sarah Palin spewing the same crap ev-er-y-sing-gle-time she speaks in public?

If I hear, "I'm just a hockey mom from Alaska," and "I told Washington, 'thanks, but no thanks, for that bridge to nowhere,'" one more time, I may begin spewing chunks!

I committed myself to watching Sarah Palin speak at the Republican Convention. I sat through the whole thing. I found her engaging and funny, but I think that is because she was new. She delivered a hell of a performance. But that's one thing to remember, it was just that--a performance. She delivered a speech someone else wrote, that was originally written for someone else (Joe Lieberman, perhaps?)--someone else's words, someone else's ideas... The only thing that we really learned about Sarah Palin, was her ability to pull off sarcasm (which I do admire greatly, by the way.)

Quite frankly, that is all we seem to really hear from her--sarcasm. As an attack dog persona, the Republicans hit the jack-pot--what was it she said?--the only difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull is lipstick. Her attacks are relentless, but repetitive...monotonous, now. They are getting annoying; the sarcasm is getting annoying. If I wanted to hear sarcasm day and night, I would tape record myself.

I think it will be her downfall. I am getting the distinct feeling she is all style and no substance.
Anyone else feel this way? Or not...I'm willing to listen to a different view.

I can't wait for her to debate Biden, though.

~STA

3 comments:

  1. I am frightened for this country. The fact that by giving a woman that hates women, and a fundy Christian to boot the VP nod, people are still VOTING for McCain. McCain is actually AHEAD right now. This country is sick. People will vote for her over Obama because she is white, and that alone is the issue. My mother hates McCain, but will vote for him because he's white.

    It's sad, it really is. Our country has and will continue to go to hell if McCain is elected. But he will be. And that is so sad.

    Barbara
    http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara:

    My first comment!

    I'm so excited, I can almost overlook the fact that I sadly agree with you in many respects.

    Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog =)
    STA

    ReplyDelete
  3. an alaskan governor, named sarah
    said, choose me mr. mccain, i dare ya
    tho my daughter's knocked up
    i could be vice prez, yup
    all it will take is a little mascara

    ReplyDelete



Those who cannot learn from history are condemned to repeat it

~George Santayana

They must have read my mind...

hat tip to abaycircus for finding this gem: