"I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst

of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
Adlai E. Stevenson, American statesman (1900-1965).

Monday, September 8, 2008

HOOK, LINE & SINKER...

As you can see from the subtitle of this blog, "We're not as dumb as you think," I feel that Small Town America is generally considered stupid and easily manipulated by big-city Republicans--

Apparently, this has shamefully trickled down to the small town republicans, as well.

Upon hearing the brief bio of the recently chosen Republican Vice-Presidential candidate, Sarah Palin, I thought to myself, "Do they really think that we are stupid enough to give a crap whether or not the woman hunts?"

Apparently, they do.

To my dismay, on the front page of this past Saturday's Massena Courier-Observer, was a prominent picture of the St. Lawrence County Republican Party Chairwoman, proclaiming that Sarah Palin was one of us. She hunts, she fishes, her husband rides snowmobiles--Let's make her Vice-President of the United States of America!!!!!

The second most important job in the WORLD, and we are to use fishing and hunting as the criteria for choosing a Vice-President?

Are you kidding me?

7 comments:

  1. a wing nut from downtown waddington
    thinks sarah palin rises with the sun
    she watches fox news
    for her political views
    and beavis and butthead for fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rhymes.

    However, I must stick up for Waddington here.

    Janet Kelly, the Republican party chair for St. Lawrence County is, thankfully, not from Waddington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a good pun
    About downtown Waddington.
    I must mention here,
    I'm no wing nut my dear,
    And Fox News can kiss my bun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snicker! Congrats and good luck with your new blog. With your sense of humor and local political knowledge it will be well worth checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BETTER TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT OUR LOCAL COUNTY GOVERMENT AND HOW ITS BEING RUN WITH YOUR AND MY MONEY right here in small town america st lawrence county new york dig deep you might be SURPRISED , at the waste the lies the hidden truths about how and wherE our money is spent or should I say WASTED.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous,

    Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

    Can you give me some examples or offer some direction for what exactly it is I should be looking for?

    ~STA

    ReplyDelete
  7. STA , take a look at Highway , for example , Free rides to and from home for supervisors, a free vehicle,{3/4 TON PICKUP} Free maintanance, Free fuel,Unlimited milage, all on top a 50000 plus a year salary? hardly justifiable , totally "PERKY" it's a perk the tax payers of this county can do without MYSELF included ,take a look STA my words are not without merit.thank you for allowing me to respond to your blog .

    ReplyDelete



Those who cannot learn from history are condemned to repeat it

~George Santayana

They must have read my mind...

hat tip to abaycircus for finding this gem: